Wednesday, October 15, 2008

There be Dragons

I finished up the first three books in Naomi Novik's Temeraire series last week. They were enjoyable if fluff filled books that reminded me of the Dauntless series that I wrote about earlier. This is a fantasy historical adventure in the same vein. There were good books but I can't say that I'd reread them. For a book I find that worrisome. I enjoy rereading my novels. If I didn't I'd run out of books far to quickly. But I just can't find a reason to reread them. They were fun and tasty, but like a sculpture made of sugar, they melted away once I was done with them.

I also got the new Bourne books for my birthday, given the difference between the books and the movies (and there are some BIG ones) I'm thinking I need to go back and read the novels. The movies have taken up to much of my consciousness of the series and they have very little in common with the books. And while I suspect that these will be made into movies, I think that they'll only be loosely related to the titles.

No comments: