Saturday, January 19, 2008

SHHHH!!!

I read A Lifetime of Secrets yesterday. Read may be a strong word though. It's a collections of anonymous secrets that people send to the editor. I have to admit that the collection as a whole is quite moving, and I left it feeling the need to be snarky and elitist. So it was done well enough to leave me feeling vulnerable. I certainly recommend paging through the book, I don't know that I would want to own it. Seeing a secret like those in the book was cathartic, but I don't know that it would stand up to repeatition.

Also, looking back I can only assume that the mailbox that the editor has these post cards sent to is some kind of nexus a la the merry go round in American Gods. Damn it, now I want to go reread American Gods, which means I have to recall who I lent it to.

No comments: