Monday, February 11, 2008

Adventures in media, pt. 2

I'm still working through the land of media that aren't books. This is a land that (due to not owning a television) is populated by three kinds of media. Movies, delivered through netflix and streamed through netflix. A service that I can say has never let me down over the years and I'm hugely satisfied with. TV showes from the same source, and TV from bittorrent.

It's that last source that's consumed much of yesterday. Giant robot space battles are hard to set aside, and Heroic Age delivers them with an almost unseemly haste. Compared to my other Anime downloads (Bleach and Naruto Shipodden) things happening all over the place. And those two titles are by no means slow, nor do they suffer from what annoyed me so much about the genre in college. This is something that I'd refer to as the DBZ effect: episode after episode of characters looking back and forth "powering up" and looking like they're having a difficult time with number two for episode after episode.

That stated I did work my way through the first third of Game of Thrones last night, so look for my forgone conclusion of a review in the next few days.

No comments: