Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Delicious reading material

I fear that I'll be waiting on Strange/Norrel for a bit longer, according to the good people at amazon.com I've got to read Reaper's Gale this weekend. The only question is if I'll have to purchase it in order to peruse it or if I'll be voraciously reading a friends copy prior to buying the paperback version in a few months. Regardless of outcome, it will be read this weekend.

My only problem will be talking about the book. I was considering this when I was thinking about something to read prior to picking Mutineer's Moon back up. I was thinking about rereading Neverwhere, but I couldn't figure out how to talk about a Neil Gaiman work without turning into a gushing fan-boy. I'm hoping that Reaper's Gale gives me some insight into that. I'm not at the same fan-boyish levels with Mr. Erikson, but I have to acknowledge that I'm going into this book with a prejudice, and I hope I'll be able to see problems if they exist.

No comments: